3.24.2010

God is Sovereign...and I am His!

Daniel 2:20-23 (New Living Translation)

“Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power. He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded.”

I love this scripture. It dethrones anxiety and restores peace in God's Sovereignty.

When I find myself mumbling at the television or news articles...saying "Who do you think you are?"...feeling completely helpless, frustrated, angry and maybe a bit fearful... I remember that God put these men and women in their places of authority...for a reason. I found comfort in Habakkuk the other day...3 chapters...a man who found himself in the same place as me, frustrated with his country and his generation... but he found encouragement in the Sovereignty of God...then he says "and the just shall live by his faith" (Hab 2:4).

Now that is deep...my God is doing something that is bigger than me? WHoa! What's the promise? God will do what He will do for righteousness sake...but His righteous ones are dear to Him and will still be kept under His wing.

Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! What are your thoughts?